Friday, May 15, 2009

IRL


Its kind of sad how much WoW has taken ahold of my free time these days. I recently reached lvl 22 and I have comepleted the Deadmines dungeon.  The story behind it was really cool. It goes like this: Once upon a time the city of Stormwind was destroyed and the Stonemasons guild helped to rebuild it. The nobles that ruled the city were more interested in spending the funds on wars and their personal interests and refused to pay the Stonemasons for their work.

Led by a trained assassin named Edwin VanCleef, they staged a riot and left Stormwind, swearing vengeance. Under VanCleef's rule they formed the Defias Brotherhood and they made alliances with the goblins to help build a weapon of mass destruction, a huge gun platform that could destroy the city that betrayed the Stonemasons. That's when I came along, the paladin Arkturas, to destroy VanCleef and put an end to this madness. It was an epic dungeon to be sure.

In the redridge mountains, the Mayor of Lakeshire has been trying to get help from Westfall. Stormwind and Darkshire to aid them against the threat of the Orcs and Gnolls. The orcs there have taken over the castle and the Gnolls are led by a powerful sorceror. I don't know where this questline will lead but probably somewhere epic.

Battling Orcs in the Redridge Mountains

In Real Life (IRL) I got to see the new Star Trek movie, which was awesome. I think it really captured the spirit of the original series and it did a good job of not alienating non-trekkies. It was a great action movie first and a great Star Trek movie second.

I liked it so much I went to Burger King and got a Spock glass. It's probably one of the coolest things I own.

No comments:

Post a Comment